Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Max

Some people have dogs and some have cats - I have birds. I have 2 finches, and a Sun Conure Named Skittles. I had a Cockatiel named Max. Max was my baby. I purchased him when he was a baby. He was hand reared and loved me like I hatched him myself. He liked kisses on his little head, and a scratch whenever I passed him. If I wasn't near him when he felt the need to be loved, he'd call to me or fly to my shoulder. Max was never confined to his cage, he sat on top - he had the free run. He hated to be locked up. Maybe being locked up would have Max here with me tonight. When the men came from Rooms To Go to deliver our new mattress and Recliner, Max got scared and flew right out the door. I wasn't home.... but my hubby called me to let me know. I was a wreck. People may think it is silly - but he was my pet and I love him. It breaks my heart to know he is out there w/ out me. I do hold hope that he may return but I am still so sad. It is so cold outside and Max has never had a hard day in his life. I pray god will watch over my little love, and keep him safe and warm tonight and I hope he knows I love him. = (

No comments: