Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Boring.....

First let me start out my blog by whining..... I see all these people with blogs that have a gazillion followers... then you have mine. Zero.... zilch... not one. Don't get me wrong... my mom reads it and she counts 100% (but I have it set up to email her when I post a new one so it's almost like cheating.)... but I guess I was hoping somebody else might like a small window view into my boring (somewhat humerous) life. I don't go on a lot of trips... and I don't belong to any clubs. I go to a small Methodist church down the road from me. I don't have college degree job.... I am simply me. I love helping other people. I Can walk though a store and see a wilting plant and genuinely feel "sorry" for it (like it has feelings). This kinda reminds me of my whole elementary, middle and high school career. I was the girl who was just "there". And now.... years later... here I am. I know I know, I am whining and having a small pity party for myself. Shame on me. Sometimes I wish my life was as simple and carefree as Andrew's. All he worries about it when he can play his games.... how many cookies he can have... and how long am I going to stay in Kohls and "torture" him. You know, stuff like that. Oh so innocent. As I sit here being pitiful. I am reminded how thankful I am for many things. And for the friends I know who are hurting and mourning right now, I say a prayer.

On a lighter note....Andrew brightens my day no matter what. He watched in horror as I sped past our exit to go home. He then realized that Kohls was in sight and proceeded to tell me how much he "HATES THIS PLACE". Upon entering the establishment, he asks me to get a stroller. Silly me for thinking he wanted to sit in the actual SEAT. No sir... I turned my back to find him in the portion of the cart where you can put all the goodies you plan to buy. Might I add he fit in there perfect. But then I look like a bafoon walking a stroller minus the kid. While looking at candles I thought he was going to give a poor woman a heart attack when his hand popped out of the buggy bag. Not many people expect an arm to come flying out of the back of a Kohl's stroller. where he then proceeds to tell the woman, "My mommy makes me sit back here". I was mortified..... She did laugh though and said, "I have grandchildren... I understand". Never a dull moment. Sometimes I think people get pleasure out of watching a woman trying to wrangle an antsy 6 year old. Especially when I entered the Bra and Panty section to which Andrew sighed heavily and stated... "Don't you have ENOUGH of these things mommy??". Now the boredom is at an all time high..... so, making small talk, he asked me if I needed new socks for my "date with daddy friday". If he only knew..... I need one of those spanx thingies... a Nice Bra, and maybe some cutsie christmas panties. I'll save that for another day, when I am ALONE. I can see him explaining to the cashier that all that stuff is for my date friday. All the while I am reminded of the stories my mom tells me of how I would vanish in department stores, only to be found moments later in the middle of a clothing rack swinging from the poles holding clothes. Paybacks baby.....

I was just informed that I never feed Andrew so I better go. Never mind that I stopped and got him a happy meal and his favorite sweet tea.

No comments: