Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Christmas Cactus

I love the holidays. One of the many things the holidays bring, is my Christmas Cactus. One of the 2 that I have, was "rescued" from Home depot years ago after Christmas. Marked more than 50% off... it sat sadly amongst other various dying plants. If you read a previous blog, I am a sad soul when it comes to plants wilting.... lonely in a store. I plucked it out and added it to my collection. Once full of blooms it never bloomed again, until last year. 2 beautiful blooms, shortly after my Grandfather passed away. I felt those 2 blooms were for my grandfather and my dear friend Luann, who passed away from Lung Cancer. Now here it is 2008 and again, I have almost 2 full blooms and a few more sprouting. I also added another plant last year (off wal-mart's 50% plants)and it is happy as ever and in full bloom. I am adding photos of these beautiful miracles. God created such a beautiful plant... w/ amazing blooms. Enjoy.



My first Cactus.



My second Cactus. = )

No comments: